This product is for use in a *nix environment where SNF will be integrated through scripting (such as a postfix or procmail filter) or as a kind of command line scanning utility. This product is also useful if you will be running SNFServer as a daemon and issuing XCI scan requests.
You can download this package from our Downloads page.
This distribution includes:
- SNFServer - Source for *nix systems. (SNF Server Application)
- SNFClient - Source for *nix systems. (SNF Client Utility)
- snf2check - Source for *nix systems. (SNF Rulebase Authenticator)
- getRulebase - Bash script for downloading rulebase files (uses curl and snf2check).
- snf-server - Bash script for launching SNFServer as a daemon.
- snfscan-standalone, snfSniffer, snfSnifferFilter - Example filter scripts (postfix, procmail,...)
SNFServer provides a high performance, multi-threaded implementation of the SNFMulti anti-spam engine coupled to a TCP (locahlost) server that accepts XCI requests. SNFServer can be run at the command line for testing; it can be launched as a child process as part of a larger filtering system; or it can be run as a daemon using the provided snf-server control script..
SNFClient provides a command line interface to SNFServer by translating command line scan requests to XCI requests and interpreting the result. SNF scan result codes can be retrieved as $? in bash scripts or directly by the calling program. (See included snfSniffer as an example)
snf2check is a command line utility that tests SNF rulebase files for authenticity and integrity.
getRulebase provides a rulebase update mechanism using the open source utility curl for retreiving rulebase updates. The script is designed for use with SNF's update-script feature to provide up-to-the-minute filtering rules automatically.
snf-server is an example bash script for launching SNFServer as a daemon.
Note: Although this source distribution is most commonly used on *nix systems it is also the exact same source code we use to compile these programs for win* systems using MinGW!