This section controls the generation of XML (SNF V3+) log files.
<xml mode='file' rotate='yes' matches='all' performance='yes' gbudb='yes'/>
The mode attribute controls how / if the classic log data is generated:
- mode='none' - No classic log data will be generated.
- mode='api' - XML log data will be available via the API / XCI only.
- mode='file' - XML log data will be written to a file.
The rotate attribute controls XML log file rotation. Rotation is either on or off. When file rotation is turned on (rotate='yes') XML log files will be created with the current date in their name using the pattern:
When file rotation is turned off (rotate='no') XML log files will be created using this pattern:
The matches attribute controls the level of detail provided about each message scan:
- matches='none' - Provide only the final scan result.
- matches='unique' - Provide one line for each unique rule id and the final result.
- matches='all' - Provide one line for every pattern matched in the message.
The performance attribute controls whether scanner performance data is included in each message scan entry. If performance data logging is turned on (performance='yes') then the data will be included. If performance data logging is turned off (performance='no') then the data will not be included.
The gbudb attribute controls whether GBUdb information will be included in each message scan entry. If GBUdb logging is turned on (gbudb='yes') then the data will be included. If GBUdb logging is turned off (gbudb='no') then the data will not be included.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.